Thursday, 4 September 2014

My Skincare Routine

I don't think have an extravagant skincare regime, which is ok as I don't believe applying layer after layer of creams and serums is particularly good for your skin, especially mine! I used to have incredibly oily and acne-prone skin but as I've become older it's kinda levelled out to dry/combination. 
In the morning I first use the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water to quickly wipe away any excess dirt and oil from the night. I then apply the Hydraluron Serum all over. If you haven't heard of Hydraluron (where have you been!?), it's a serum you apply before moisturiser and it helps your skin take in and hold more moisture and hydration. I then apply my Estée Lauder DayWear moisturiser which is a 'Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme', it's oil free and has and SPF of 25. I love this creme, it sinks in really quickly and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy and it is definitely moisturising! I also sometimes use the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream with SPF 15. I love this one just as much as the DayWear but it's a little thicker and sinks in a little slower, which is ok as it's still incredibly moisturising. (The scent also reminds me of my trip to America!). I alternate between the two whenever I feel like using a different one. To finish off I quickly apply a layer of lip balm. At the moment I have the Nivea Sun Protect which has SPF 30, perfect for the summer (which seems to have disappeared) and taking on holiday with you.
In the evening I remove all of my make-up firstly with the Estée Lauder Perfectly Clean Creme Cleanser. I apply with a tiny amount of water and it just dissolves the make-up as you work it in. I rinse with water and then remove anything I missed with the Garnier Cleansing Water. Sometimes if I feel my skin is too oily, I usually skip the Creme Cleanser as it's quite greasy. I apply Hydraluron all over once again and then I use the Estée Lauder Advanced Time Zone Night Creme. I'm only 21 and don't need to use 'age reversing' wrinkle cremes, but I just like using a little of this around my eye area and anywhere that seems quite dry at the time. It's lightweight and just like the DayWear sinks in lovely!

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment