Wednesday, 13 August 2014

The Battle of the Micellar Waters

I personally first heard about Micellar water cleansers a couple of years ago when every blogger and their mothers had their hands on the Bioderma H2O. The first micellar water cleanser I purchased was by Garnier last year, since then I've seen tonnes of brands selling a cleanser. Was I being blind before and they've always existed?! Now I've spotted the L'Oreal, Euricin, even Boots do one now. In fact, I think every skincare brand probably do one! And the sad thing is, even though they're all much of a much, I want to try them all...
As I said before, the Garnier was my first cleanser and I loved it and still do. It's extremely gentle and I feel as though my skin is as clean as it can be, which is obviously so vital for healthy and clear skin. I remove my make-up firstly with a wipe or a cream cleanser and this just takes away anything I may have missed.
I have recently been introduced to the famous Bioderma, late to the party I know! My parents were in France last month and I asked for them to bring me a bottle home. I've seen them around in little shops in London but I'm not willing to pay the price!

I do have a clear favourite between the two, but it's hard to explain why as they're both so similar. There's is one tiny tiny thing that sets them apart for me. Taste. What?! Well, When I apply products to my face, especially a product such as this where I wipe it all over, I don't want there to be a taste left in my mouth or around my lips. The Bioderma leaves a very chemically taste and when I lick my lips for whatever reason, I can taste it, and this massively puts me off! Everything else however is pretty much the same. They both clean my skin really well but they also both have a hard time removing waterproof mascara. If I do wear waterproof mascara I tend to use a face pad and hold it on my eyes, leaving it to soak for a few seconds. They both have little to no scent, I would say the Bioderma smells the tiniest bit whereas the Garnier doesn't. Micellar waters in general are so refreshing and calming after a long hot day. Some days I can't wait to get my make-up off and this evening skincare step is my favourite!
I recently picked up a third micellar water cleanser (oh dear) and went for the Soap and Glory. I noticed it had way more of a scent then the others but it's a refreshing cucumber scent which I don't mind at all. I've tried it a couple of times and it works really well and like the others, really cleans my skin and gets rid of excess dirt and make-up. It does however have a taste, as it contains Cucumber juice, but taste aside I need to use it a lot more before I discard it! (Same for the Bioderma).

I can confidently say that since using a micellar cleansing water, my skin has improved so much! If you would like a more in depth review on any of these products, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment