Sunday, 3 August 2014

July Favourites 2014

How it's even August is beyond me! I've spent the majority of July down in London staying with Chris, kinda looking for a part-time job there but being too scared to apply to them and being very tempted to spend all of my money in London's vast beauty halls. I swear Liberty's and Selfridges are my weakness! Most of my favourites this month are products I've purchased in the past few weeks and have loved them straight away. 

It's become a recent goal of mine to learn how to do my brows properly. Before I went out and bought this I was trying the Topshop Brow Palette, which was ok but the colour was a tad too dark for me and I wasn't really getting on well with the brush. Since I've used the Soap and Glory Archery pencil before and loved it, I thought I'd try out another pencil product. I've had my eye on Hourglass Arch for a while and I'm very happy I finally have it, I truly believe it is a brow God send! The colour is spot on, the spooly is so useful and the angled pencil makes for perfect arches. I can now finally create the natural yet defined looking brows I've been trying for so long to achieve. If you're after a new brow product you HAVE to try this! It's a little on the expensive side, but trust me when I say it's worth it.

This is one of those products that I've gone to buy many times but never fully committed to it! Due to being disappointed recently with my L'Oreal Super Slim liner, I decided to purchase a new one. After testing out a few awful eyeliners (including the new Benefit They're Real liner), I decided to go for the Stila. This is probably one of the best liquid eyeliners I've ever used. The felt tip is super super thin, a lot thinner than the L'Oreal Super Slim, making perfect lines and flicks easily accessible. It's also waterproof and smudge proof, I've been on the London Underground in this hot weather we've recently been having and it didn't move!

In the Summer I like to look radiant and lovely as much as the next person, however I have left my Laura Mercier Radiance primer out of my make-up bag and replaced it with the Tea Tree Pore Minimiser from The Body Shop. This primer is more about mattifying which I find more useful in the summer months as I don't fancy looking like a sweaty hot mess! As well as mattifying, it makes my pores a lot smaller (which the name suggests) meaning my make-up stays on longer and sits a lot nicer when it's in the heat. Because it's made with organic tea tree oil, it helps prevent blemishes and freshens up my skin. Heavenly!

I've become a bit more obsessed with bronzer at the moment, not really for contouring or defining the hell out of my face, but for just a nice overall glow! Having fair skin, it's quite difficult to find a bronzer that doesn't look ridiculous on me. The Body Shop Honey Bronzer is the perfect colour, it's not too red, not too orange and it's matte, so there's no unnecessary glitter. If you're pretty pale like me, I recommend taking a look at The Body Shop, not just for bronzers!

I've had this product for absolutely ages and I love it! With it being really hot recently this has been so refreshing and cooling for my face. I tend to remove some of my make-up first with a wipe or a cream cleanser and then I use this to get rid of any excess make-up and dirt that may still be on my face. You can't really go wrong with it, it's really gentle, contains no perfume and I feel like my face is the cleanest it can be after I apply it. I'm currently writing a post about a couple of micellar water products, so I'll let you know more soon!

I've also recently become obsessed with Lush, I have soo many bubble bars to use at the moment it's slightly crazy. You know those days where your skin is just so terrible you don't know what to do with it? On those days I tend to grab my tub of Mask of Magnaminty and apply it all over my face! I love how this feels on, tingly, minty and fresh! It contains peppermint oil which is good for anti-aging and oily skin, kaolin which helps with oily and ance-prone skin and adzuki beans for exfoliation. I'm not completely sure if this helps with my acne but I think it helps settle and calm my skin, good enough for me!

I have had a very big problem with sunglasses for a looong time! I have so many pairs it's silly! Oh well, another pair can't hurt! I saw these babes in the sale for half price and I couldn't help myself. They're so big and wonderful, I feel 'fabulous' when I wear them haha! And maybe the best thing? They don't leave those stupid red marks on my nose, yay!

What have been some of your favourite products? If you've written a July Favourites post, send me the link!

1 comment:

  1. That Garnier cleansing water sounds lovely! I also might be tempted to buy the eyebrow pencil, I'm the same, on the hunt for good brows haha!
    Also love the sunglasses :D

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete