Friday, 16 May 2014

REVIEW | Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamel

You know when you're in Boots and you realise it's 3 for 2, then you notice these really cute Parisian-style nail varnishes that you NEED in your life? That's basically what happened when I got these! I don't know how long these had been out when I bought them, but I hadn't heard much about them and I've never really tried Revlon nail varnish before.
I decided to get spring/summer shades, which apparently in my mind means pinks and peaches! The shades I got are called Pink Pineapple, Apricot Nectar and Ginger Melon which, to some extent, represent their scent.
Pink Pineapple is the prettiest pale tea rose colour. It's quite hard to apply because of how light it is and you'll probably need about 3 coats or more to achieve the opacity shown in the photo. It does have a sweet pineapple scent which is always better then the usual chemical smell you get from nail varnish.
Ginger Melon is a lovely hot red-pink shade and is probably the easiest to apply out of the three I bought. It takes less than 3 coats to get a good coverage and the scent is very sweet and tropical-fruity! I really love this bright shade and is a great summer alternative to red.
Apricot Nectar is probably my favourite shade out of the three and reminds me of Essie's Tart Deco, which I love! It does need about 3 coats but isn't as streaky as Pink Pineapple. This varnish has an orangey-vanilla scent which is really lovely!

Overall, I think these are pretty good. I don't really get why nail varnish has to be scented but it makes a nice change. I think for the price of £6.49 (although they're currently on offer at £4.49), I'd rather get Essie varnishes for just a couple of pounds more! Tell me what do you think!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! these look so pretty :D

    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete