Monday, 5 May 2014

April Favourites 2014

I can't quite believe that it's May already, it's getting so much warmer and sunnier here in Nottingham and I'm so excited! For the past couple of months I've had a lot of new discoveries which I've been loving and here's a few of those things!

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
I've heard about this baby a few times and has been on my wishlist for a while. Even though there's a Space.NK in Nottingham I was hesitant to spend so much money, but I ended up buying this in America where it's £10 cheaper! I have tried many, many powders in my time and ohh jeez this is the one! There are a variety shades that are supposed to help with different things - Dim Light is said to provide a 'perfect balance between warm and cool tones to blur perfections' and I'm not kidding when I say it does exactly that. I use this every day and can see it being in my life for a long time.

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
This teeny tiny mascara is brilliant and although it may seem a little extravagant to have a separate mascara just for your bottom lashes, it works wonders. It does such a great job at separating and defining the lashes and with normal mascaras you may get a lot of clumps and smudges, but not with this.

Real Techniques Stippling Brush
I've been using the Expert Face brush by Real Techniques for so long now and I still love it, but I fancied a change. I've always wanted to get a stippling brush to see what they were like and decided on Real Techniques because they're affordable and I know they work well. This brush works great with the foundations I've been loving recently, helping me achieve a more flawless yet natural finish!

Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lipstick in Calypso
I am a huge fan of Matte lipsticks and even though Summer is coming, I don't think I'll stop using them. Calypso is such a lovely, bright coral/pink shade - perfect for Summer and this formula is probably my favourite. It doesn't dry out your lips and doesn't cling to any chapped bits! I can see myself purchasing a few more of these lipsticks!

Yankee Candle in Summer Scoop
I recently got a couple of summer candles for my room and Summer Scoop has been my most burned one. It smells so delicious - literally like a creamy strawberry ice cream. It's an amazing, delectable scent and not to mention it's cute and pink!

So I hope you've enjoyed my monthly favourites from April, have you tried any of these products?

No comments:

Post a Comment