Monday, 28 April 2014

My Top Four Foundations


Hi everyone, to start off my new blog I thought I'd talk about something quite important to me - foundation! Quite recently my foundation preferences have changed quite a bit. Since being a teenager I've always gone for the more matte-finish foundations as I had very oily and acne prone skin. Now I'm a little older I don't break out as much anymore and I'd say I have more dry skin than oily. So I found that matte foundations weren't for me anymore! Also I used to always find it hard to find a foundation that worked for me, luckily (or not so lucky for my bank balance) I seem to find a lot more foundation suiting me and lasting on my skin these days!

Starting off my favourites with the Healthy Mix Serum from Bourjois. I've probably picked up this foundation hundreds of times in Boots, but never committed to buying it until I saw Estée raving about how much she loved it in her vlogs. I'm so glad I finally got this foundation. This leaves my skin feeling and looking more alive and healthy. It's a light to medium coverage, so it looks natural on the skin. I think the colour match for me is almost perfect but it doesn't oxidise or grow darker throughout the day which is always a plus. Has anyone mentioned how fresh and lovely this foundation smells?!

I've heard a lot about Tarte from the American bloggers and vloggers I love and have been a little eager to get my hands on some of their products. I brought back this foundation with me from my recent holiday to Orlando (I can not deal with Sephora, that place is heaven on earth!) and I love it! This has a bit more coverage than what I need but it is perfect, from its skin-like finish to its staying power. It's not heavy at all and just glides over the skin! Holy freaking grail! Sephora now ship to the UK and Tarte has recently become available on QVC so I definitely recommend you check them out. 

Walking around aimlessly in Boots as I do very often, I decided to get this foundation on a whim to see if I suited dewy skin. I actually really love the natural, glowy finish on me and is the reason why I went out and bought more foundations that did the same (oops). It really does 'wake me up' with the anti-fatigue effects it claims to have. I find it doesn't last as long as the others and I think that's because it's the most dewy, but I don't mind powdering every now and then during the day. 

I love this foundation and is one of the first lower coverage foundation that I ever loved. It's taken a back seat recently but only because I've already gone through two bottles and I want to give the others a try! As with the Tarte foundation, this one is more on the expensive side but it's totally worth it. I think this foundation is a mix between the Tarte and the Rimmel foundations as it's a lightweight formula which manages to hide my blemishes and glide over any dry patches. It's a semi-matte finish and looks so natural. The classic packaging also makes it feel even more luxurious.

Let me know if you've tried and loved any of these foundations.
Do you have any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment